Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Staying Organized

Some call me organized, other OCD. Somehow I manage to keep my house sparkling clean and everybody happy. I only have one child. I think that it would be the same whether I had one or ten. I just would sleep a whole lot less.

Something is bothering me, though.......Those places that no one ever sees. Closets and storage areas. That is my downfall. I spend so much time cleaning the main areas of the house, I just don't have the time to get to those other areas.

I was over at Organizing Junkie and she has a great 8-week plan for organization that I have taylored to my needs. So far, so good. One week down and I am already feeling great about it.

Instead of cleaning every room, everyday. I have decided to clean and thoroughly organize each space as I clean that room. For example, yesterday, I cleaned the office, but I also took everything out of the closet and got rid of a ton of stuff. I also did the same in Madi's room over the weekend. Last night, I did the guest bath and pulled everything out from under the cabinet. You would be surprised at the things that have accumulated in the two and a half years since we built this house.

Today is my bedroom and bathroom. This may be a two day project since I have a large walk-in closet that is in shambles.

I may post before and after pictures when I get a minute.

3 comments:

  1. I have to say.. I am working on doing the same thing with our house.. I cleaned out jake's room.. took me 3 days!! but I did it!!!! (not that he had that much stuff but my time is always interrupted) anyway.. I dumped 2 bags of toys and 2 bags of trash and a bag of clothes!! organized desk, closet and dresser!!! whoohoo! great feelign.. I think I am going to paint his room now!! I guess that wont get the rest of the house organized though will it! LOL!.. sad thing is .. his room is probably the easiest to do (aside from the living room purposeless ..is that word.. room)! how long will the rest of the house take??? ARGHH!...

    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with ya. I got my bathrooms, my closet, the classroom closet and book shelves, Madi's room and my van. Now I have my room, the living room (entertainment center)and the kitchen. I do feel a bit overwhelmed, though. It has been a week and now I feel that I need to clean the rooms again. I didn't do a thing yesterday and probably won't get anything done today since we are heading out about lunch time then back home to cook dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great plan Stacy...Yes..let's see pictures!

    I "allow" myself ONE junk drawer in the kitchen. Somehow the kids think that it's theirs too.

    Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete